What is the Workbox?

This is my stash of to-be and on-the-go projects, UFO's, magazines, books, wish-lists, ramblings, favourite links, and even (ha ha) completed projects.

There are also three sister sites at The Workbox Library (stitching-related magazines, books, etc.), The Workbox Cupboard (the contents of my personal stash), and The Workbox Lighthouse (since my blog reading list has expanded exponetially... ;-) , as well as an index of my blogs (with brief descriptions) at CamBlogs.

If you have any comments, suggestions, complaints, queries, etc., feel free to drop me a line!

And now I have to walk the dog and go to work...unfortunately (sigh) ;-)

Enjoy!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Afghan

Just began a new project - as if I don't have enough of them! Am now trying my hand at knitting - just have to remember what my mum taught me ages ago!

Picked up pattern called "Zig Zag Blanket", from booklet entitled "Housewarming" by Bernat (no. 530162). It's seemed fairly easy, and I picked up a nice ball of multicoloured yarn called "Sedona" by TLC Essentials - it's got red, pink, peach, cream, and ash strands.

But until I can get mum to explain how to do slip stitches and passovers and a funky looking stitch that is apparently nameless, I'm creating my own (extremely simple) pattern with knits and purls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!