What is the Workbox?

This is my stash of to-be and on-the-go projects, UFO's, magazines, books, wish-lists, ramblings, favourite links, and even (ha ha) completed projects.

There are also three sister sites at The Workbox Library (stitching-related magazines, books, etc.), The Workbox Cupboard (the contents of my personal stash), and The Workbox Lighthouse (since my blog reading list has expanded exponetially... ;-) , as well as an index of my blogs (with brief descriptions) at CamBlogs.

If you have any comments, suggestions, complaints, queries, etc., feel free to drop me a line!

And now I have to walk the dog and go to work...unfortunately (sigh) ;-)

Enjoy!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Time for tea (WIP) and heart pin cushion



Still armless...

The lady now has most of her skirt and a table with a wobbly leg... ;-) My jar contents for the Totally Useless SAL grew a bit with her and the quick project below - btw, does cat hair count? ;-)

Ta da!

My first finish of 2009!

A mini heart pin cushion for mum (in honour of Valentine's Day) - it took me an hour and a bit to stitch and about half-an-hour to finish up. It's sort of lumpy and my edges are crooked, but that's what I get when I rush! It was stitched on white aida (that came as part of 'CrossStitcher's' (UK) free gift - but it was crappy aida, all the same...) from a design featured in "101 ways to say thank you" card motif booklet (which, in turn, was the free gift with 'Cross Stitch Crazy' - I just omitted the "thank you so much!" wording). The heart chart was designed by Lucie Heaton and featured DMC 1, 603, 605, and 3799 (for which I substituted 310, since I don't (gasp! ;-) have any 3799...). I (secretly) raided mum's stash for the square of backing fabric - she's slogging through a signature quilt at the moment.


The front...



and the back!

I'm hoping to get more done on the tea lady today and tomorrow (we have a three-day weekend (Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!) due to the 'Family Day' holiday on Monday), maybe even...(gasp!?)...finish her? Nah, that would never happen! ;-)


Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!