What is the Workbox?

This is my stash of to-be and on-the-go projects, UFO's, magazines, books, wish-lists, ramblings, favourite links, and even (ha ha) completed projects.

There are also three sister sites at The Workbox Library (stitching-related magazines, books, etc.), The Workbox Cupboard (the contents of my personal stash), and The Workbox Lighthouse (since my blog reading list has expanded exponetially... ;-) , as well as an index of my blogs (with brief descriptions) at CamBlogs.

If you have any comments, suggestions, complaints, queries, etc., feel free to drop me a line!

And now I have to walk the dog and go to work...unfortunately (sigh) ;-)

Enjoy!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My first SAL!

So I've taken the plunge and joined a SAL: the Totally useless SAL. The object is to collect all your stitching 'bits' (including orts, fabric snips, broken buttons, beads, worn out needles (or in my case, bent needles...), floss labels, or anything else related to an x-stitch WIP) in a see-through jar, display the contents once a month (on the new moon) on your blog, and see how much you've collected by years' end!

Hmmm... now I have to find a container.
Freshly washed and ready to go...

My first two bits (from last night's stitching - as you can tell, I didn't get much done!)

Passing inspection...

"What, no treats? This is boring..."
Ta!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to welcome you to the Totally Useless SAL -- everybody needs to take time to play. I do think I should have made the check in date on the full moon, as everybody seems to get it wrong in their first post, but for some weird reason I chose the NEW MOON, the dark one. So don't forget, when it gets really dark outside (February 25) to pop over and check in with your really nice container. I still haven't found a really cool container! I'm adding you to the list and linking your blog...which I really enjoyed reading by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!